*You can use a variety of yarn types. Sport weight or worsted weight work well. Our sample was made with green worsted weight yarn with silver threads in it.
- sc around a 1″ plastic ring. Depending on the type of yarn you use, you will probably get 15 to 18 sc around the ring. You should have enough sc to cover the ring but not overcrowd the ring.
- Ch 3, slst in 1st sc *ch3 slst in next sc. Repeat from * around. Knot off and weave the loose ends back into your crochet piece.
- Stitch a bar pin on one side of the wreath. Thread a 7″ piece of ribbon through two of the sc and tie in a bow.
- Stitch the beads in groups of three to the same side of the wreath as the bow.
Read more: http://www.craftelf.com/Crochet_Wreath_Pin.htm#ixzz2BHX58c5r
- Small amount green or white yarn
- Plastic O ring
- 1/8″ ribbon in silver, gold, white or red
- 15 very small red beads
- Bar pin
- Crochet hook Size D
- Yarn needle
- Needle & thread
well today we made these with the kids at my best friends house. she bought the kit at AC&Moore for under 5.00 . The kids and yes us adults had a blast making these little cuties. Comes with all the stuff you need..just use your’e glue gun ..
I love to reuse my spaghetti sauce jars to create these beautiful pumpkin lights for All Hallow’s Eve! You can use different size jars to make a spooktacular display!
Orange tissue paper
Black construction paper
Green acrylic paint
Optional: other things to decorate, a hammer and nail to punch holes in the lid if you want to use the lid but light the candle inside.
Tear orange tissue paper and place glue in an easy to use container. You will be applying the tissue and glue with one hand and the other will be inside the jar.
If your hand is small enough, insert your non-dominant hand inside the jar and then use the other hand to coat the jar with decoupage glue. Lay the strips of orange paper over the jar. Glue and place the paper until the entire surface is covered. Go over the entire surface of the jar with one more thin layer of glue.
Allow to dry for a few hours. In the mean time, create your face with the black paper. When the orange layer is completely dry, glue the black paper on and decorate as you wish.
If you want, you can either paint the lip of the jar green for the stem or punch holes in the jar lid and paint that green. Either works fine!
When the jack o’lantern is completely dry (give it 24 hours after the last coat of glue) place a candle inside and light or place electric lights inside and plug in! Either one gives the pumpkin a lovely glow!
To visit her blog and see this post click here
Or u could even get one of the battery candles to stick it in ,,is what i’m gonna try. 🙂